"We Negro writers, just by being black, have been on the blacklist all our lives. Censorship for us begins at the color line." -Langston Hughes

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Blog Assignment#7- Langston Hughes

Sara's story for English 102



My professor told me,

   To go home and blog
   a poem tonight.
   And let it express who I am, make it personal, positive, and possible
   Then it will become a reality.

I don't think it's that simple. But here I go..
I'm eighteen and I was born in Brooklyn
It's where I attended school for the first few years of my life.
I've been to school hear and there, everywhere
From the 5 burrows to different parts of Long Island


I am reminiscing about my childhood as I sit in my living room and blog this poem.
Playing in parks and sitting on swings
blog-Brooklyn birth became basic beginning of my life and now here I am, in college
Wow childhood just flew by so fast
I like succeeding at anything I take on, sometimes striving for success
I like helping people and hanging out with friends
And on a day like this, I like being at the beach soaking in the sun and feeling the fresh breeze
I still don't know where I'm going, but I know where I came from
So my story is yet to be continued..

This is my Story for English 102



No comments:

Post a Comment